I was a bit apprehensive about making these healthy chocolate coconut bars as I thought they would be complicated to make and we would just end up with mushy coconut and chocolate everywhere.
However, I was shocked at just how easy and quick these are to make and best of all they are healthy and delicious. The coconut was so fluffy and with the chocolate on top they set my taste buds tingling.
Healthy Chocolate Coconut Recipe
What you need
300ml of Coconut Milk
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
100g Dark Chocolate
Some of my posts contain affiliated links to products where I may receive a small fee if these products are bought.
1. Cover a baking tray with foil or grease proof paper.
2. Put 330g desiccated coconut, 400ml coconut milk and a tablespoon of maple syrup into a food processor. Then blend until all the mixture is moist.
3. Empty the mixture into the baking tray and with a spatula spread out evenly and smooth over.
4. Once the coconut base is ready, break up a bar of dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt either in the microwave or over a bowl of hot water on the hob. Making sure you keep stirring the chocolate all the time through heating (if using the microwave I do 30-second blasts then check and stir until it is melted)
5. When the chocolate is completely melted and there are no lumps, drizzle it over the coconut base and then gently level out with the spatula until the base is totally covered.
5. Put the healthy chocolate coconut bars into the fridge for 1 hour to set. After an hour take out and cut into sections and enjoy.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Why not also take a look at some of my other recipes –
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe – Eggs Florentine with SalmonA health breakfast recipe of eggs Florentine with smoked salmon.
- Sultana Scones RecipeSultana scones are so tasty especially when freshly made and teamed with Jam and cream. […]
- Halloumi Wrap Recipe Idea with Roasted PeppersThis is a great quick, simple Hallomi dinner recipe idea that is super tasty and […]
- Homemade Potato & Leek SoupA firm favourite in our house especially on cold winter days is my homemade potato […]
- Homemade Vegetarian Shepherd’s pie recipeKicking off the New Year Instead of a roast this year we kicked off new […]
- Healthy Chocolate Coconut Bars RecipeI was a bit apprehensive about making these healthy chocolate coconut bars as I thought […]