I had the pleasure of being asked to review Peter Black’s informative self – help book ‘Cool that Volcano‘ that is full of advice on how to help your child achieve emotional intelligence.
About the Author
Pete Black is a registered psychologist with over 16 years of experience working with troubled individuals. He has used his own professional experience and knowledge of emotional management skills, to create this self-help book for parents to help you achieve an emotionally intelligent child.
About the Book – Cool that Volcano
Cool that Volcano’s core focus is on open communication between child and adult which Peter has then broken down into easy to follow sections explaining step by step how to achieve this and gain emotional intelligence.
The book is broken down into the following sections –
– Understanding Emotions
– Managing Emotions
– Processing Emotions
– Maintaining Emotional Balance
– Effective Modelling
Peter has used Metaphors to describe a child’s emotional state, hence the title of the book. The Volcano is the child’s temperament and the Lava is when a child erupts spewing out negative emotions, he refers to these throughout the book and also uses icebergs as a metaphor for cooling your little volcano’s down.
I found Cool that Volcano easy to read and understand. It is also packed full of helpful tips and advice that is broken down into small steps to help you follow and implement to effectively deal with your child’s emotional state.
Peter has written the book in an understanding way that makes you feel at ease. He also sets realistic targets highlighting that changes won’t happen overnight but with a bit of time and practice emotional intelligence is achievable.
As well as focusing on our children’s emotional intelligence Peter also talks about the importance of being a good role model by making sure we can control our emotions in difficult situations too and has included some tips to help parents with this.
If you are struggling to handle your child’s emotions then this book is definitely worth reading.
Where to Buy the Book
Some of my posts contain affiliated links to products where I may receive a small fee if these products are bought.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Why not take a look at my other book review posts –
- Cosmourse Virtual Art Classes ReviewWe were so lucky to be gifted these children’s virtual art classes from Cosmourse for […]
- Danny Dingles book series with Books2DoorWe were gifted a gift voucher to use and review Books2door online book store where […]
- Partituki Max Mixed Activity Pack ReviewWe have been gifted for the purpose of review this brilliant activity kit from Partituki. […]
- No Chemical Cleaning with ENJOI have had the pleasure of reviewing ENJO products that were gifted to me from […]
- Weighted Eye Pillow Review from Bags of LavenderOur review of the Weighted Eye Pillows from Bags of Lavender
- Escape Reality Book ReviewI have been reviewing the new Escape Reality Book which is a collection of short […]