Reflection is an important part of growth in both our business and in our personal lives it can help us gain perspective. This is something I have recently taken the time to do.
How Reflective Thinking Helped Me
Life moves at a million miles an hour and more often than not we are always rushing around and looking to the future planning our next moves and making lists and goals of tasks we want to complete. We are usually so wrapped up striving to achieve that we often forget to remind ourselves of what we have accomplished so far.
I recently got so caught up worrying about the future and the goals that I am still yet to achieve I started to feel really stressed and was putting myself under unnecessary pressure.
That was when I realised enough was enough I had to stop and take a few minutes to focus on all the amazing things that I have achieved so far in both my personal life and business.
I got my notebook and sat down and wrote a couple of things that I should be proud of myself for achieving. I am always so hard on myself and I am my biggest critic so this reflective exercise was so beneficial to me. It helped me to realise just how far I had come and to not be so hard on myself.
Why Reflection is Important
From reflective thinking, it helped me realise what I had done well and what hadn’t gone so well before. From this, I was then able to come up with a few realistic goals that I want to achieve in 2020.
Reflection is an important process that I myself have overlooked too often and I am sure many others to do. Reflection allows us to gain a better perspective of ourselves and can also help us to move forward. It can be a hard process to look back at ourselves and who we once were but a short reminder of this will help put our future in perspective.
Why not also take a look at my other posts –
- 7 Tips on How to Create a Stunning Playroom in the GardenA kids’ playroom in the garden or backyard is the best gift you can ever give your child. It is not a Herculean task; we assure you. A bit of patience, some mind-blowing tips, and a lot of love will guide you to success.
- Financial Independence for Parents – whatever your situation.It’s not what you earn, it’s what you keep that counts Financial Independence for Parents […]
- Upcycle old tins – How to make Decoupage PotsThis is my post on how to make decoupage pots. This is a great activity […]
- No Chemical Cleaning with ENJOI have had the pleasure of reviewing ENJO products that were gifted to me from […]
- Why you Should Listen to Your Gut InstinctBecoming a parent can feel like the best thing you have ever done, it can […]
- The Health Benefits of Nature and Ways to Enjoy Nature.This Summer lets go wild, get outside and enjoy the health benefits of nature. Nature […]
Subscribe to our newsletter!