Reflection is an important part of growth in both our business and in our personal lives it can help us gain perspective. This is something I have recently taken the time to do.
How Reflective Thinking Helped Me
Life moves at a million miles an hour and more often than not we are always rushing around and looking to the future planning our next moves and making lists and goals of tasks we want to complete. We are usually so wrapped up striving to achieve that we often forget to remind ourselves of what we have accomplished so far.
I recently got so caught up worrying about the future and the goals that I am still yet to achieve I started to feel really stressed and was putting myself under unnecessary pressure.
That was when I realised enough was enough I had to stop and take a few minutes to focus on all the amazing things that I have achieved so far in both my personal life and business.
I got my notebook and sat down and wrote a couple of things that I should be proud of myself for achieving. I am always so hard on myself and I am my biggest critic so this reflective exercise was so beneficial to me. It helped me to realise just how far I had come and to not be so hard on myself.
Why Reflection is Important
From reflective thinking, it helped me realise what I had done well and what hadn’t gone so well before. From this, I was then able to come up with a few realistic goals that I want to achieve in 2020.
Reflection is an important process that I myself have overlooked too often and I am sure many others to do. Reflection allows us to gain a better perspective of ourselves and can also help us to move forward. It can be a hard process to look back at ourselves and who we once were but a short reminder of this will help put our future in perspective.
Why not also take a look at my other posts –
- Raising a Warrior – 12 week Course, I Found My BraveMy daughters and I have been doing Raising a Warrior’s 12 week Warrior Course, I […]
- Love Thy Body Book ReviewI had the privilege to be an advanced reader of the amazing new book Love […]
- Suzie Goes to School Book ReviewI had the opportunity this week to review this wonderful book ‘Suzie Goes to School‘ […]
- Poetry to Inspire and Uplift – Number #1 BestsellerWow, what an amazing launch I had for the ebook version of my new book […]
- Breezy Family Character Creator ReviewWe have been reviewing the brilliant character creator from Breezy Family. You can create a […]
- Cosmourse Virtual Art Classes ReviewWe were so lucky to be gifted these children’s virtual art classes from Cosmourse for […]
Subscribe to our newsletter!