I am over the moon to announce that The Book of Silly Rhymes is a finalist in the Wishing Shelf Book Awards!
I was so surprised I didn’t even know that my book had been entered but last Sunday I received the short but sweet text message from my publisher to tell me The Book of Silly Rhymes has made it to the final of the awards.
It is an amazing feeling to find out that the children’s rhyming book I put so much time and effort into has made it into the finals of this award and for me, the best thing is knowing that all the initial judging was done by children and teachers.
Knowing that the children have read and enjoyed my book means the world to me, after all, they are the ones that I wrote my book for in the first place.
The Book of Silly Rhymes for those of you that don’t know is a rhyme book for children packed full of short silly rhymes for 6-11 year old’s some of which are a little bit rude. It is aimed to bring fun and laughter to reading time and get children especially those reluctant to read enjoying storytime.
The whole book is printed in the open dyslexia font to help children and adults with dyslexia read the book more easily. I myself have dyslexia so I know the struggles children can have when faced with reading.
The winners will be announced on the 1st April 2020 so please do wish me luck.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Why not also take a look at my other posts –
- The Horrorland Goosebumps series with Books2doorReview of Books2Door We had the opportunity to use and review Books2door’s online bookstore that is filled with lots of fabulous children’s and young adult […]
- The Book of Silly Rhymes is a Winner!I am so over the moon to announce that The Book of Silly Rhymes is a silver medal winner at The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. […]
- The Pointless Book by Alfie Deyes in association with Books2doorBooks2door Review We were so lucky to be able to use and review Books2door amazing online bookstore that has so many wonderful children and young […]
- I am a finalist in The Wishing Shelf Book AwardsI am over the moon to announce that The Book of Silly Rhymes is a finalist in the Wishing Shelf Book Awards! I was so […]
- Review – Oscar the Orgo by R.J FurnessWe have had the opportunity to review R. J Furness new children’s picture book called Oscar the Orgo and what a delightful, imaginative rhyming story […]