This is one of our families favourite healthy breakfast recipe, egg Florentine with smoked salmon. It is delicious, healthy and also filling. Great for a healthy morning breakfast to get you and your family going and fuelled for the day.
Eggs Florentine with Smoked Salmon is made up of poached eggs and smoked salmon on a bed of cooked spinach drizzled with hollandaise sauce. I then have all of this on top of a potato waffle. I know is not the healthiest option but you can substitute the waffle for a muffin or brown toast to be extra healthy.
Benefits of poached eggs –
- Highly Nutritious
- Increases HDL (the good cholesterol)
- Poaching eggs retains most of the eggs nutrients
- Good source of protein
Benefits of Salmon –
- Good source of protein
- Source of vitamin B & D, magnesium and selenium
- Contains Omega-3 fatty acids which have been linked to a lower risk of heart disease
Benefits of Spinach
- Rich in vitamins A, C and K
- Rich in magnesium and Iron
- Contains antioxidants
- Links to better eye health, blood pressure and slowing down cancer growth
Eggs Florentine with Smoked Salmon – Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- 2 eggs
- 50g Smoked Salmon
- 100g of spinach
- 2 potato waffles / 2 slices of brown bread / a muffin sliced in 2
- Hollandaise Sauce
1. If you are having this recipe with potato waffles you will want to put these on first. Normally for around 18 mins at 200 degrees but please check the cooking times on the packet as different brands vary.
2. For the poached eggs we have a special poached egg pan as we eat a lot of them and this pan is so convenient. We had a 4 space poached egg pan which we had for years but now the children have got in on wanting poached eggs we have recently invested in the six egg pan.
To poach an egg using our pan you put a little bit of butter around the cup to grease it, add the water and put on to boil. Once the water is boiling crack the egg into the cups put the lid on and leave to cook for 4-5 minutes. Once done use the handle on the cup to pick up and tip your egg out.
If you don’t have a special pan then you will need to boil a small pan of water and crack the eggs into the boiling water and leave to cook for 3-4 minutes. Once cooked use a slotted spoon to remove and dry off.
3. At the same time you are boiling the water for the eggs you will also need to put on a small pan of water to boil for the spinach. Give the spinach a good wash and once the water is boiled you add in the spinach. This will only take around 1-2 minutes to blanch as it is very quick.
I do have to admit that I cheat sometimes and have a microwave steaming pot that I do the spinach in. With this I just need to add a small amount of water and put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes to steam.
4. Once everything is ready you can plate up. Put your waffle/toast or muffin down first, add on a layer of spinach to both waffles/toast or muffins then add on a layer of smoked salmon. Once that is ready carefully place your poached eggs on top and drizzle over the hollandaise sauce.
Why not also try my healthy Potato and Leek soup recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe – Eggs Florentine with SalmonA health breakfast recipe of eggs Florentine with smoked salmon.
- Scented Weighted Eye Pillow Review from Bags of LavenderOur review of the Weighted Eye Pillows from Bags of Lavender
- Find Your Inner RainbowA positive lockdown poem
- Escape Reality Book ReviewI have been reviewing the new book Escape Reality which is a collection of short fiction stories written by lots of different women and teenagers […]
- The Importance of First Aid by Daisy First Aid BristolGuest Blog on The Importance of First Aid by Philippa May of Daisy First Aid.